Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"If everything you think you know makes your life unbearable, would you change?"

Today I went to SVSU to deal with some paperwork leftover from my days as editor-in-chief of Cardinal Sins.

Fall classes at Wayne State haven't started yet. But today was the first day of classes at SVSU. So the campus was crowded, and I got to catch up with quite a few of my favorite people.

As I drove up to Saginaw, I guessed that when I got there, one of two things would happen:

1) I'd instantly regret my decision to transfer, OR
2) I'd feel relieved at no longer being enrolled there.

I figured there'd be no in-between. And I was right about that. #2 happened. :-)

The best part was that I talked to a few former professors, and all of them were overwhelmingly supportive of my decision to transfer, and happy/excited for me as well. It made me feel really good about everything.

This is the first time I've really allowed myself to feel excited about all these changes. I've spent so much time explaining to people that yes, I'm transferring colleges after three years, and no, I'm not a failure, that I'd almost forgotten that this is something to be happy about, not ashamed of.

Shame on all you haters for not having the guts to question whether what you're doing is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers