Saturday, April 30, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 5

A time you thought about ending your own life.

I don't think I ever have. Not seriously, anyway.

That's not to say that I haven't felt like complete and total shit--and for extended periods of time, to boot. But I've been very lucky to have good things/people in my life to help balance that out.

I also doubt I'd ever kill myself because a few loved ones of mine have done that. And it hurt. Even the attempted suicide of a friend upset me to the point of having to take a day off to pull myself together.

As one of my favorite musicians, Chantal Kreviazuk, said in her song, "Surrounded":

I was there, come on tell me I wasn't worth
stickin' it out for.

Well, I was there. And I know I was worth it,
'cause if I wasn't worth it that makes me worse off than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers