It's not my fault that I got behind on the Blog Challenge. Blogger's been down for the past couple of days; people could still read posts as usual, but nobody could update!
So, I took a blissfully unexpected break from blogging and got some reading done. For the record, I'm currently halfway through _On Beauty_ by Zadie Smith; it's holding my attention, but isn't nearly as good as _White Teeth_.
Now, without further ado...
Your highs and lows of this past year.
This is hard to write about, because a lot of the -low- moments of the past year are really personal. Even though I have a blog and tend to overshare on FB/Twitter, I do actually have a sense of when I ought to keep my mouth shut.
So, let's settle for a purposely cryptic list:
- transferring: I felt incredibly hopeful about everything
- coming out as a lesbian to my family: it was exhausting, but worked out in the end
- MEETING MICHAEL FRANTI
- knowing that I have really wonderful friends, even if they live far away
- babysitting: I love the girls I babysit
- the not-so-great aspects of coming out
- getting punched in the face by someone who really shouldn't have punched me in the face
- feeling like a giant piece of existential fail
- living in Grosse Pointe
- babysitting: Even though I love the kids, that shit is hard work