Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 7

Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.

I know nothing about astrology, so this on required a little research.

And by "a little research" I mean that I typed "Sagittarius" into Google and clicked the first link that popped up. (My birthday is December 15.)

A lot of what's there rings true for me: I like to think that I have a positive outlook on life; I'm hopeful even though I have many reasons not to be. I'm definitely honest, trustworthy, and sincere. and it's no secret that I'm a huge champion of the underdog (unless the underdog happens to be John McCain).

But then there's this whole paragraph on religion/morality. I'm not religious, obviously. But I do tend to abide by what I believe in. It also says, though, that "they regard rigid, unloving, intolerant adherence to ritual and conventional codes as more as more important than the truths they symbolize."

I'd like to think that's not true for me. I have my fair share of strict rituals: I need, for example, exactly two cups of coffee and a shower every morning before my day can begin. But I don't see that as harming anyone--other than the person who might be unfortunate enough to cross my path before I've got any caffeine in my system.

I don't really take this stuff seriously and doubt I ever will. I look at my horoscope sometimes. But the truth is that if no one told me it was mine, I could just as easily look at the supposed traits of someone who falls under any other sign and say, "Yep, that sounds like me." I've always found these things to be written in such abstract terms that just about anyone can apply them to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers