Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving

All semester I've felt like a tornado that has hit the Bible Belt. I ruin everything I touch, but people have a lot of faith in something I can't see, so they're willing to forgive and move on with their lives.

It's been a rough term. I can't lay claim to a tangible tragedy; I just bit off more than I could chew and suffered the consequences (which means I whined a lot, and in doing so, caused others to suffer too).

In class the other day, I mentioned to my professor that I'll be 21 before the end of the semester. She said something about how I had better not come to class with a hangover. I told her that I feel like I've come to class with a hangover every day since classes started back in August.

This semester has brought out the worst in some and the best in others. I won't go into detail about exactly what made this semester so difficult for me, but suffice it to say that I've had to deal with a lot of bullshit from people, so have needed a whole lot of support and encouragement.

I've discovered that I know some incredibly kind and patient people. You know who you are. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers