Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's over.

Dear Fall 2009 Semester,

I'm breaking up with you. I wish it would have worked out between us. You seemed pretty cool when I met you: a bunch of English classes, a gig with a small press in Bay City, and leadership experience via Cardinal Sins.

But you're just too needy, Fall '09. And our relationship has consumed a little too much of my time and energy. My friends miss me. So does my cat. (Didn't I warn you not to cut into the time I set aside for my feline?)

I know, I know. You tried your best to be good to me. Some of the stuff we did together looks pretty awesome on my resume. And I appreciate all the chocolate you gave me, but it's giving me acne. I need to start eating well-balanced meals, and it's safe to assume you won't cook them for me.

As much as I'd like to remain friends, it just isn't meant to be, and I'd prefer if you didn't try to contact me ever again. I know you might be tempted to call me to meet up for coffee, but as much as I love coffee, I don't think we have much to reminisce about.

I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your life, and bid thee farewell.

Love,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers