Monday, December 21, 2009

Growing pains.

This is how it works:
You're young until you're not;
you love until you don't;
you try until you can't;
you laugh until you cry;
you cry until you laugh;
and everyone must breathe
until their dying breath.

Those lyrics (from a song by Regina Spektor) sum up my year.

In 2009 I moved into my first apartment, became the editor-in-chief of Cardinal Sins, saw Tracy Chapman in concert (!!!), turned 21, went to a funeral for a 6-year-old, failed a class, came out of the closet, made and lost some really wonderful friends, and tried (but failed) to stop biting my nails.

For the first time, I didn't feel young. I lived, and figured out that living kind of hurts. They aren't shitting you when they say life is hard/not all about looking good on paper.

2 comments:

  1. I do love Regina Spektor's lyrics. And I must agree that becoming older does bring a series of challenges that I would have never expected even just a few short years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey. Wait. What? I did not know you actually failed Vince's class. Did he literally give you an F, or do you just have to take it again bc you got like a C- or D?

    I need to know.

    ReplyDelete

Followers