Tuesday, May 24, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 29

Goals for the next 30 days.

I've actually been thinking about this a lot. And though I plan to explain this in more detail in a post 30-day challenge entry, I'll touch on it briefly here for now:

Personally, I need to get some school-related stuff together. And manage my friggin' finances. I've been putting it off, but know that once I get my butt in gear, I'll have some much-needed peace of mind.

And since the one class I'm taking this summer doesn't start until the end of June (over a month away yet), my plan is to keep reading as much as possible. Right now, I'm devouring a lot of feminist nonfiction: mostly books published within the past ten to fifteen years. Some are a little outdated (like, for instance, _Manifesta_, published in 2000), but they're so frequently referenced on blogs I read and women's studies classes I take that I figure I ought to read them. I'm averaging one or two books per week. Not bad, considering that I'm still reading blogs and whatnot online.

Speaking of reading, I also plan to put into action a few things I learned by reading Gloria Feldt's latest book, _No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think about Power_. A lot of what I'll be doing will involve this blog, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers